Elegant Themes make some amazing WordPress themes and are well worth the money. For the average price of one paid theme you can get many high quality themes from these guys! If you haven’t got an account already then please sign up using the following affiliate link. (This means if you use the link and purchase an item i will receive commission.) One of their main themes is Divi which is a highly customisable theme that includes a builder. One of the first things you will notice on previewing “Divi” is that it says “Designed by Elegant Themes” in the footer. One of the most commonly asked questions on Divi forums and facebook groups is How to Remove “Designed by Elegant Themes” in Divi. In the following article we will show you how to do that. Please note this article has been updated to reflect Version 3.0.27 of Divi.
If you don’t want to watch the video then the full guide is below.
How to Remove “Designed by Elegant Themes” in Divi in some of the more recent versions
This is by far the easiest way to do this but the option only appeared in some of the more recent versions of Divi. Unfortunately i do not know the exact version number when this change came into affect. If anyone else does then please let us know in the comments.
- When logged into WordPress click the Divi link on the left handside and then “Theme Customizer”
- Then click “Footer” and then “Bottom Bar”
- To remove the footer credits completely, check the box labelled “Disable Footer Credits”
- To edit the footer credits leave the “Disable Footer Credits” unticked and then edit the box labelled “Edit Footer Credits”
- Save your changes and you should see your desired result
How to Remove “Designed by Elegant Themes” in Divi in all versions
The below guide should still work on all versions of Divi.
- When logged into WordPress, browse to the Divi menu on the left hand side. You may have to click “Theme Options” depending on the version of Divi you are using.
- In the page that loads paste the following into the Custom CSS textbox at the bottom:
- If you preview your site, the footer should no longer display. Technically all we have done here is hide the footer. If you are in chrome and right click the footer and go “Inspect Element” you will see the code is still there but your average user will not do this. If you still do not want the users to be able to see this then the below information maybe useful.
How to Edit “Designed by Elegant Themes” in Divi in older versions
Unfortunately this code has since changed and no longer applies to the current version of Divi i am using which is 3.0.27. It does however apply to some of the older versions. If anyone knows what version they removed this in can you please leave a comment below. This is a great example of why editing code for a theme is not always the best solution as your personal code changes can be wiped out when you come to update your theme.
- When logged into WordPress, browse to the Appearance menu on the left hand side and then pick “Editor” which is nested under it.
- On the right hand side of the page browse to the “Theme Footer”.
- Scroll down and you should see some code similar to the below:
1<p id="footer-info"><?php printf( __( 'Designed by %1$s | Powered by %2$s', 'Divi' ), '<a href="http://www.elegantthemes.com" title="Premium WordPress Themes">Elegant Themes</a>', '<a href="http://www.wordpress.org">WordPress</a>' ); ?></p>
- Change anything inside the <p id=”footer-info”> block. For example you may want to change this to:
1<p id="footer-info"><a title="Site by www.yourwebsite.com" href="http://www.yourwebsite.com" target="_blank">Link to www.yourwebsite.com</a></p>
- Your web site will now display the updated footer.